In this episode of Troublesome Radio, I welcome Jon Perrson to the show.
We talk everything about web design - what's currently working, what's not, design tips, freelance business advice, and a lot more.
Jon is a young man (20) who recently left his university studies in order to continue pursuing his web design career, so far which is very successful. He's built the websites of Ed Latimore (who I've interviewed here and here), as well as Alexander Cortes. You may have heard of both of these guys. If you haven't, I'd highly recommend checking them out, too.
In this 1 hour and 15 minute interview, you'll learn:
- How to get started with web design and other freelance work - Jon's beginnings and how he got his first clients
- The 5 MOST IMPORTANT things just about anyone could do to improve their site RIGHT now.
- Pop-ups, opt-ins, and other ways to capture leads - what's currently trending and what's not working? I also mention the excellent conversions I get on my Ukraine Living and Eastern European Travel sites (feel free to copy them)
- Alternative options to WordPress to build your website or blog
- Whether or not you actually need to *invest* in paid tools and software to succeed
- Finally, how to get your first clients, what the deal is with freelancing...
- ...and much, much more!
It was a pleasure having Jon on the show to talk shop. If you'd like to get a free consultation with him, you can click here to learn more about his services. You can also find him on Twitter @jonlperrson.
Relevant reading, links and more to this podcast:
- FREE TOOLS:
- Google Page Analyzer
- Google Analytics
- I develop on Thrive Themes
- Whereas Jon uses Jekyll
- Post about making money on the internet in Ukraine
- Podcast about my friend's product and his lack of plan, and why it's important
PS: If you're sick and tired of not getting the girls you want in life, you must master "dating technology". It's the only way to arm yourself with the tools to find success over the long term. For less than $9/month, you can have insights into all of my texts over the years with girls. When's the last time you wasted $9 on something and got nothing from it? This is worth it.